Once the Implementation phase is complete and the controllers and client support personnel are trained on the POEMS system, they can begin operations. The knowledge gained through operating the system will provide the input needed to continue refining the various processes.
Steps to Operating with Excellence
- Develop a clear, concise Operating Plan(s).
- Clear philosophy around alarming, HMI, control room management
- Might include a bunch of specific plans, i.e., one for each interconnect.
- Document the Plan(s) and make it available to all stakeholders
- Operate according to Plan(s)
- Capture learning
- Structured process that actively gathers information
- Culture that rewards critical thinking, all ideas a good