Remote Work Position
The SCADA Technician is responsible for ensuring customer success through expert communication skills and a high level of responsiveness and follow-through, combined with the ability to understand customer requirements. This position will provide support of customer SCADA implementation, integration, operation, and maintenance. This includes working with company and third-party software tools.
General Job Duties
- Communicate with customer regarding scheduling, project progress, design questions, specification questions, customer changes, new project quotations, and other items that may come up during the course of a project.
- Determine approach for technical implementation of application requirements and coordinate with Product Manager.
- Coordinate workload and deliverables with Project Lead.
- Communicate technical requirements to project team and ensure implementation is according to approved designs and applicable standards.
- Create factory acceptance test (FAT) procedures as required by customer contract/in-house test requirements.
- Perform testing according to FAT procedures when needed.
- Create site acceptance test (SAT) plan and site execution plan (SEP) prior to installation.
Specific Job Duties
- Provide continued support for projects after completion and field commissioning by phone in the form of troubleshooting (or in person onsite when required) according to warranty and software maintenance policies.
- Support implementations of Kepware & ClearSCADA software.
- Implement human-machine interface (HMI) software packages including user-interface configuration, alarm configuration, and scripting following company HMI Philosophy and Style Guide.
- Install and configure EnerSys or third-party software on customer systems.
- Produce and maintain specification documents, including customer change requests, maintenance manuals, design notes, module interface details, data tables, flow charts, and user guides.
- 2+ years of experience with SCADA, automation and/or measurement systems support.
- Knowledge of Schneider Electric Geo SCADA Expert (formerly ClearSCADA).
- Associates degree or better, preferably related to Electrical, Controls and Automation, or engineering equivalent. Degrees obtained in other fields of engineering may be considered.
- Ability to safely navigate the work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather).
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident without need for current or future sponsorship.
- Proficiency in one or more high-level programming languages.
Technical Skills Required
- Proficiency with Windows Server and Workstation configuration.
- Self-motivated learner, proactive in seeking help, with a passion for producing high-quality work product.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a team dynamic.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of the technical skills necessary for completing own assignments and code reviewing other’s work.
- Experience in supporting projects in both development and production environments, including external customer environments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to delegate work, and ensure delivery to a defined schedule.
Technical Skills Preferred
- Some knowledge of SCADA host system software including, but not limited to:
- AVEVA Solutions with InTouch HMI (formerly Wonderware)
- AVEVA Enterprise SCADA (formerly OASyS)
- Wonderware System Platform using ArchestrA IDE
- Schneider Electric Geo SCADA Expert (formerly ClearSCADA)
- Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk and PlantPAx
- Weatherford CygNet
- Experience with instrumentation and field communications.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has a passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions.
- Has strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes.
- Has outstanding all-round communication skills and is able to work collaboratively.
- Is proficient in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large code base.
- Is motivated by (and excels in) a challenging and fast-paced startup-style company.
Apply on ZipRecruiter:
No relocation. This is a remote work position. Some travel may be required (10%). On-call rotation for 24×7 support.
EnerSys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.