Remote Work Position
The Software Engineer is responsible for ensuring customer success through expert communication skills and a high level of responsiveness and follow-through, combined with the ability to understand customer requirements. This position will provide quality assurance testing, implementation management, and support for releases of company software. The candidate will collaborate with product management to design, develop, and deploy solutions to customers.
General Job Duties
- Determine approach for technical implementation of application requirements and coordinate with Product Manager (project scoping and implementation).
- Coordinate workload and deliverables with Project Lead.
- Communicate technical requirements to project team and ensure implementation is according to approved designs and applicable standards.
- Enhance applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, and designing and implementing systems.
Specific Job Duties
- Create test cases and develop procedures in collaboration with Product Manager.
- Perform testing of developed applications.
- Install and configure EnerSys or third-party software on customer systems.
- Develop and implement integration with EnerSys software with relevant SCADA systems.
- Troubleshoot customer issues according to warranty and software maintenance policies.
- Perform QA testing on new software releases.
- Coordinate with Account Managers to deliver upgraded software to customers.
- Maintain and improve existing code bases by collaborating with Product Manager and peer review code changes.
- Investigate and use new technologies where relevant.
- Produce and maintain specification documents, including customer change requests, test cases, maintenance manuals, design notes, module interface details, data tables, flow charts, and user guides.
- 3+ years of experience with software support or implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree or better, preferably Computer Science or engineering equivalent. (Degrees obtained in other technical fields may be considered.)
- Proficiency in one or more high-level programming languages.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident without need for current or future sponsorship.
Technical Skills Required
- Proficiency with Windows Server and Workstation configuration.
- Excellent understanding of entire development process, including specifications, user stories, documentation and quality assurance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a team dynamic.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of the technical skills necessary for completing own assignments and code reviewing other’s work.
- Experience in supporting projects in both development and production environments, including external customer environments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to delegate work, and ensure delivery to a defined schedule.
- Self-motivated learner, proactive in seeking help, with a passion for producing high-quality work product.
Technical Skills Preferred
- Some knowledge of SCADA host system software including, but not limited to:
- AVEVA Solutions with InTouch HMI (formerly Wonderware)
- AVEVA Enterprise SCADA (formerly OASyS)
- Wonderware System Platform using ArchestrA IDE
- Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk and PlantPAx
- Schneider Electric Geo SCADA Expert (formerly ClearSCADA)
- Weatherford CygNet
- Experience with instrumentation and field communications.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has a passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions.
- Has strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes.
- Has outstanding all-round communication skills and is able to work collaboratively.
- Is proficient in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large code base.
- Is motivated by (and excels in) a challenging and fast-paced startup-style company.
Apply on ZipRecruiter:
No relocation. This is a remote work position. Some travel may be required (10%). On-call rotation for 24×7 support.
EnerSys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.