Why Our Approach to Software Implementation?
The EnerSys Approach
Your Trusted Partner to Achieve Pipeline Operations Excellence
EnerSys is committed to incremental success with each step of implementing the POEMS software solution. We accomplish this objective through our systematic approach to capturing the pipeline operating experience, understanding each customer’s unique challenges for operating a safe and reliable pipeline, and assisting pipeline operators to continually improve operations.
What sets POEMS apart is a compelling combination of technology, consultation, facilitation, and education. Throughout the POEMS implementation and operational process, EnerSys provides educational orientations, workshops, and training sessions to improve the user experience and ensure understanding.
To bring this information to life, we focus on the science behind the “why” driving the need for pipeline operations excellence. When operators and users understand the value of implementing these changes, your team will buy in and have the confidence to execute their role in a high-performing pipeline operation.
- Orientation of POEMS software suite with all stakeholders.
- Understand the steps to implement POEMS.
- Understand each stakeholder’s responsibility in POEMS.
- Establish the execution timeline to implement POEMS.
- Align Plans, Procedures & Policies with PHSMA requirements.
- Update Control Room Management Plans.
- Update Control Room Policy & Procedures.
- Rationalize the alarms.
- Design and build HMI and SCADA.
- FAT, install, test and commission, SAT, and train.
- Review alarm analytics.
- Review regulatory updates.
- Analyze lessons learned.
- Document opportunities to improve.
- Implement software updates & enhancements.
- Meet to gather feedback (included in POEMS).
- Facilitate and assist with the refinement process.