The Intelligent Operator Console (IOC) is the pipeline control center solution specific to the need of the pipeline controller. It is the pillar of the POEMS operations solution providing a high-performance, fully CRM-compliant human-machine interface (HMI) for pipeline and midstream operations. The IOC includes a comprehensive feature set for the console HMI for both operations and measurement.
Key to compliance with the adequate information requirements of the control room management rule in 49 CFR 192 and 195 is incorporation of API 1165 “Recommended Practice for Pipeline SCADA Displays.”
The IOC exists as a pre-engineered HMI that extends the capabilities of the Schneider ClearSCADA platforms by adding key capabilities through the driver developer kit (DDK). The IOC implements the HMI best practices of API 1165, and also complies with ISA 101 ”Human Machine Interfaces for Process Automation Systems” by providing an HMI philosophy, style guide, and design guide.
Components of the Operations Suite:
- IOC for Pipeline Operations – high-performance HMI for pipelines
- IOC for Measurement Operations – high-performance HMI for measurement operations
- HMI Philosophy – dictates the policies regarding the high-performance HMI style and design
- HMI Style Guide – defines the graphical elements, system behaviors, and animations in high-performance HMI
- HMI Design Guide – defines the SCADA architecture, security measures, network topology, and information dataflow