Why Our Approach to Software Implementation?
The EnerSys Philosophy
Your Trusted Partner to Achieve Pipeline Operations Excellence
Our objective is to support pipeline operators on the journey to achieve the industry-wide goal of zero incidents. We accomplish this objective through a systematic approach to capturing the pipeline operating experience, understanding each operator’s unique challenges for operating a safe and reliable pipeline, and assisting pipeline operators to continually improve operations.
We follow through with a compelling combination of technology, consultation, facilitation, and education to support incremental improvement. Throughout the POEMS software implementation and operational process, we provide educational orientations, workshops, and training sessions to improve the user experience and ensure understanding.
To bring this information to life, we focus on the “why” that drives the need for safe pipeline operations. The “why” is centered on culture. We support pipeline operators as they build a safety culture that fits their unique operation in order to achieve continuous improvement.
The mechanism to support the culture and achieve alignment with Pipeline SMS is our POEMS software. When operators and users understand the value of implementing incremental changes, your team will have the confidence to execute their role in a high-performing pipeline operation that is 100 percent committed to pipeline safety.
- Orientation of POEMS software suite with all stakeholders.
- Understand the steps to implement POEMS.
- Understand each stakeholder’s responsibility in POEMS.
- Establish the execution timeline to implement POEMS.
- Align Plans, Procedures & Policies with PHSMA requirements.
- Update Control Room Management Plans.
- Update Control Room Policy & Procedures.
- Rationalize the alarms.
- Design and build HMI and SCADA.
- FAT, install, test and commission, SAT, and train.
- Review alarm analytics.
- Review regulatory updates.
- Analyze lessons learned.
- Document opportunities to improve.
- Implement software updates & enhancements.
- Meet to gather feedback (included in POEMS).
- Facilitate and assist with the refinement process.