SCADA systems typically contact large amounts of unstructured data that exists in field devices (PLC, EFM, RTU,). Often the tag naming inside of these devices varies from device to device. However, these devices are often used for similar types of pipeline operations. Unlike petrochemical plants, pipelines are unique because they usually many Areas of Operation (AoO) that are very similar; such as, pipeline receipt meter, pressure regulation, pump station, compressor station, and mainline valves.
The POEMS Area of Operations feature streamlines and simplifies deployment and maintenance of the pipeline operations enterprise.
- Single hierarchy of organized data for the real time data enterprise.
- Method to manage change and achieve consistent outcomes.
- Creates correlation between tags, equipment, facilities, and assets.
- Supports consistent display of information.
- AoO ties CRMgr, ALMgr, IOC, and compliance logs together.
- AoO is the key behind rollup for volume, alarms, production targets, and reporting.
- Unlike petrochemical plants, these AoO typically have common alarming.
- Allows the ability copy and paste rationalized common alarms at any level in the AoO tree.
- Grouping objects and AoO prior to alarm rationalization greatly reduces the time required for each duplicate AoO, resulting in a 40-50% time savings in alarm rationalization time.