Benefits for Control Room Managers
- Confidence that fatigue is effectively mitigated in the control room, especially during HOS Deviations.
- Visibility that controllers are able to identify and respond to AOCs.
- Confidence that AOCs are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Understanding of controller experience via emailed SHO Reports.
- Easily retrievable records — no more scrambling for audits.
- Communicate important information and documents to controllers.
- Document required compliance tasks and produce records to satisfy audit.
Benefits for Controllers
- Clearly defines authority for console and controlled area.
- Quick logging for routine tasks saves time while maintaining records.
- Easy creation of log entries.
- Assigned Reading ensures awareness of important information.
- Files are always within arm’s reach.
- Shift handover conversations are focused.
- Forms are completed as you go.
- Supports temporary relief in the control room to ensure that consoles are not left unattended.