Benefits for Control Room Managers
- Improve documentation of alarm investigations and field callouts.
- Initiation, dialog, and resolution are timestamped and become part of the controller logs.
- All data is searchable, saving time and promoting compliance.
- Achieve line of sight into all areas, making operations visible.
Benefits for Controllers
- Reduces telephone tag with hard-to-reach field personnel.
- Improves Controller focus by reducing call-backs.
- Open issues are visible at a glance and tracked for shift handoff.
- Low priority WOs stay in the background, without excessive notifications.
Muddy Boots Features To Support Efficient Operations
Initiate Callouts from the Control Room
Controllers submit and track Alarm Investigation Callouts, as well as lower priority work orders, without leaving the ALMgr screen. Field personnel receive the request in Muddy Boots on their mobile device. Supervisors and managers are aware and can monitor open issues on their Muddy Boots dashboard.
Improve MOC Documentation
Management Of Change documentation is initiated from the control room, then worked and documented in Muddy Boots. Notifications, approvals, and workflow are managed and documented. Multiple approval levels, risk matrix, and complex workflow are supported, facilitating compliance.
Publish and share SCADA topology diagrams across the organization, and with service providers, to facilitate troubleshooting and training. The control room, SCADA techs, and providers have instance access to the information they need.
Support training and corrective action by reviewing results of call outs and responses from the field.
Improve Controller Focus and Callout Documentation
Callouts and Work Orders are initiated from the console. This reduced the number of phone calls, especially leaving messages and call-back from difficult to reach field personnel. The log file shows exactly what information was transferred and when.
Track Work Order and Callout Status
Open Callouts and Work Orders are visible in AlarmMgr and easily identified. Shift handoff is simplified. Open Callouts and their status are visible on the AlarmMgr. Lower priority Work Orders and completed Callouts are moved to a different area, to reduce clutter and nuisance notifications.